Get Off the Ledge
Well, whaddyah expect when you’re forced to field this lineup due to injuries?
Add Rolen, Lind, Rios and Overbay in there by the end of this week and you’ve got a team.
- Overbay confirms that Champion field sucks.
- The Jays could sign Bonds with the league minimum salary they get from the A’s signing Thomas (if you take his agent literally).
- Josh Banks was claimed by the Padres. Battersbox makes a good point about him probably not being the worst player that have been taken of the 40-man.
- On Wednesday’s call-in with Ricciardi, J.P. laughed off picking up Bonds as being “not that simple”, and called firing Gibbons to make the team hit “foolish”.
- He also said that the Jays could have got Nick Swisher last offseason for McGowan and Marcum (ugh).
- And confirmed that sitting Wells, Rios and Overbay the last few days was due to sickness/sickness/injury, and not Gibbons intentionally trying to sabotage the team or whatever.
- Frank Thomas signing with the A’s may have been scooped by another mystery team.