The Next Best Thing
There’s another Blue Jays Blog up and it seems to have started out not only nerdy, but pitch f/x nerdy! This seems like a good enough time as any in the middle of a long, boring winter to recap the best of the Mockingbird’s pitch f/x articles about the Blue Jays. Is anyone/anything interesting missing? I started to pick apart Frank Thomas last night and decided to save the world from unending boredom and utter obviousness – the Big Hurt mashes the inside pitch?! You don’t sayyyy….
- Alex Rios – Did pitchers change their approach in the second half to sap his power?
- Roy Halladay – What was really wrong with him for those three terrible starts?
- Vernon Wells – Did he pop up the first pitch 100% or just 75% of the time?
- Jesse Litsch – Has a very long way to go and is learning on the job.
- Jesse Litsch – Might just be getting better.
- John McDonald – Can’t hit an above-average fastball (You don’t sayyyy…).
- Dustin McGowan – Made one lousy pitch on the way to a no-hitter.
- A.J. Burnett – Took a couple of weeks at the start of the year to find his stuff.
- Scott Rolen – Doesn’t just show his power by hitting mistake fastballs 500 feet.