Last night had it all:
- McGowan continues to impress by going pitch for pitch with one of the best pitchers in the league;
- Aaron Hill single-handedly saves a crucial run with two A+ plays;
- Frasor shrugs off some flukery to justify having faith in him for the 9th;
- Stairs hits a pitch off his laces for 9th inning dramatics;
- Zaun gives us the lead with his first at bat back from injury.
And then Accardo throws one really bad pitch to a guy with the nickname “Killer Tomato” and it’s over.
I feel like I just watched Casablanca and at the end space aliens come down and shoot Rick with a disintegrator ray and go all Hentai on Ilsa. That just didn’t make any sense or fit in with the rest of the plot.
Not that the buzz off that huge comeback the other day has completely worn off, but this year the Jays are 3-22 when losing after the 6th. If you can’t mock those losers who decide to beat traffic in the 7th inning, who can you mock???